WVATA Legislative Town Hall
The event has ended. Zoom Webinar on Tuesday, January 18, 2022 | 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Who’s invited to attend the event?
The West Virginia Athletic Trainers' Association invites its members, athletic trainers, and sport medicine professionals across the state to attend the virtual Legislative Town Hall.
Registration is required prior to the Town Hall.
Speakers (in order of appearance)
- Mr. Frank Vitale – Executive Director, WVATA
- Dr. Zachary Garrett – President, WVATA
- Mr. Bernie Dolan – Executive Director, WVSSAC
- Dr. Gregory Elkins – Sports Medicine Advisory Committee Chair, NFHS
- Delegate Trenton Barnhart – Assistant Majority Whip, WV House of Delegates
- Senator Patricia Rucker – Education Committee Chair, WV Senate
- Delegate Doug Skaff Jr. – Minority Leader, WV House of Delegates
- Delegate Matthew Rohrbach – Health & Human Resources Committee Chair, WV House of Delegates
- 9:00 – Mr. Frank Vitale: Welcome
- 9:15 – Dr. Zachary Garrett: “2022 Legislative Proposals”
- Athletic Trainers for All Secondary Schools
- Heat Illness Policies in Sports
- 9:30 – Mr. Bernie Dolan: “WVSSAC Update”
- 9:45 – Dr. Gregory Elkins: “High School Sports Medicine Update”
- 10:00 – Del. Trenton Barnhart: “Making Student Athlete Safety a #1 Priority”
- 10:15 – Sen. Patricia Rucker: “Legislative Update”
- 10:30 – Del. Doug Skaff Jr.: “Legislative Update”
- 10:45 – Del. Matt Rohrbach: “Legislative Update”
- 11:00 – Mr. Frank Vitale: Wrap-Up & Final Questions
Questions about the event?